Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bandage Skirt 4.0


Zara silk top, RenegadeLovers bandage skirt

I have been looking for the perfect bandage skirt for what seemed like an eternity.. so I finally decided to just make myself one our of what is now my favorite material - jersey. I cut out a bunch of strips and sewed them together to give it the Herve Leger bandagey effect and the result turned out much better than initially expected. Why it is so hard to find anything in this country for a somewhat larger derriere, is beyond me. Well now you can find it in my little sweatshop.

Every now and so often my Mom sends me a box full of old clothes from either Spain or Germany. I particularly love sifting through piles of clothing I myself would never pick up in a store, like Italian dress shirts, overpriced silk tops from Zara, pink lingerie, and random designer garb like a D&G tee, a Ralph Lauren skirt and a Christian Lacroix dress. I grew up in Marbella, Spain where it seemed everyone was accustomed to Tommy Hilfiger and Dolce, so when I moved out of the house, I really started expressing myself fashion wise, and rarely gravitated towards the brand names. Besides clothes for myself, my Mom also sent me what seems like a whole closet full of baby clothes, for a baby girl in particular. Now I know she has been begging for a grandchild for the past couple of years, but I really though she would stay subtle in her ways communicating that to me.. guess I was wrong.

Teeny tiny pale yellow baby winter jackets are just so adorable.

, dane

18 comments:

Liv Bambola said...

Oh My!! I have been dying to find a simple, gorgeous, plain bandage skirt too. I resorted to using an old tube top. When will you open a store so I can have an ACTUAL bandage skirt? It's STUNNING!!!

DaisyChain said...

That is the best bandage skirt ever. want want want.

beachbutterfly said...

your skirt is amazing! do you ship to australia?

LJ said...

you really are very talented, can't wait to see all the things you produce. Makes me want to follow my dreams too.

Baby clothes!That's kinda sweet of her

minteva said...

you look GORGEOUS & the skirt looks great too!

Fashion Moment said...

Great outfit! I LOVE backless!

FM~FP~AF

Vicki said...

First time checking out your blog and love all the customizing you are doing! so inspiring! Im currently working on turning a large boys tee into a loose rocker tunic im cutting off the sleeves and putting slashes in it, hope to wear it with leggings and boxer boots!
much love form Ireland xx
magpie-girl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

ooh dane, can i place an order? give me a discount ha. this is so incredibly flattering!

much love

eden

Anonymous said...

oh my, my blood's really boiling now....

HOT!!!

Kiksy said...

fabulousssssss as always dane! I love your bandage skirt, for some reason i now have an urge to make a bright red one!

love always, kiki

Karencilla said...

dane you look gorgeous!!! i want to steal your outfit.

Rain said...

Sexy girl!

I would love to get a box full of clothes :) So much fun trying them out!

x

Unknown said...

Wonderful job on that skirt!

Elizabeth Victoria Clark said...

sexy backlessness lady!! i loveeee your skirt too, its perfect!

Haute World said...

Wow, you did a great job with that skirt! Love it! I need to try this out as well, but I'm not really all that great at DIY. Lovely blog by the way! :)

Allie said...

Is no one gonna say this??
Ok, I will.


Girl, nice ass!
Can we trade?
xoxo :)

Dane said...

Hahaha Allie ♥

May Kasahara said...

I think your rear is GREAT.
fuck straight shits - give me some hipssssssss.