Thursday, April 7, 2011

I found another beat, there's no time for sleep

Photo by: Walk the Earth pictures: Joncy Sumulong / Alf Molo
wearing Forever 21 skinny jeans, Weekday skull tee, H&M leopard wedges, Zara studded bucket bag, Gina Tricot Bangles

After an unprecedented pre-party happy hour, Paula and I hit the anniversary party for Stoked Inc. at the Rockwell tent, to show our support to my favorite surf store. JV and Mumph were part of the group that first taught me how to wakeboard a good 7 or something years ago, and it is them I have to thank for awakening my inner water rat, eventually leading me to kiteboarding and surfing and turning me into a fiercely loyal Billabong  hoarder. Stoked Inc. is responsible for single-handily causing an outburst of local interest in all things watersports, before others could catch on to the trend, and continue to hold their own in a growing scene - 10 years, cheers!!

The open bar was overflowing with Absolut Vodka and Chivas Regal, and in a drunken haze and after a quick stop at Barcino, we found ourselves at M Cafe, but by that time I could barely even muster up the energy for a drink.. knowing I had to be up at 5:30am to beat the morning traffic and meet an important client at 8am. I'm convinced I was still intoxicated enough to sing to myself in the shower before I fought my way through the giant pile of clothes on the floor, shoved my feet into a pair of boots and gingerly tiptoed out of the house and climbed into a cab. Determination helped me dismiss my hangover for enough hours, with the help of two bottles of Red Bull until finally, in the late afternoon, halfway through gnawing my way through a Santi's sandwich, I rolled over and blurred the lines between delirium and la la land..

Stoked Inc. can be found in Rockwell Powerplant, Trinoma, Bonifacio High Street, Mall of Asia, Alabang Town Center, The Podium, Gateway Mall & Greenhills Shopping Center

4 comments:

Honey V said...

The leopard-wedges!!! I DIE!!! Too fabulous.

Leila said...

Love the leopard wedges!

x FashionFifth

Dane said...

Gosh they have turned into such a favorite.. X

hazel darwisya said...

I can't keep this to myself, u look a lot like my gf.. her fb photos (sorry it looked messy);

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/216698_1670970176585_1307308301_31448691_8168947_n.jpg

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/154314_1493995552330_1307308301_31148057_1192838_n.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/205167_1668600597347_1307308301_31444753_4644027_n.jpg