If you haven't guessed by now, yes this is what Ive been up to these last few days - killing braincells by watching movies about famous and non famous peoples out of control drug problems. I'm drawn to the gritty story lines and tragic endings, so I thought I would share.
The Doors - Amazing movie. Val Kilmer literally killed it in this one.. I couldn't have imagined anyone else playing the Lizard King. And Meg Ryan as an "ornament".. pretty hysterical. There were a few really funny lines, here are some of them:
- Jim: "Where's your will to be weird?"
- Jim: "Actually I don't remember being born, It must have happened during one of my black outs."
- Jim: "This is the strangest life I've ever known."
- Ray Manzarek: "I feel the universe functioning perfectly but I'm still perfectly locked inside myself. Instead of oneness, I feel isolation."
- Andy Warhol: [to Edie] "You're the boss, applesauce."
- Edie Sedgwick: "I went to a party once, and there was a palm reader there and when she looked at my hand, she just froze. And I said to her "I know. My lifeline is broken. I know I won't live past thirty."
- Andy Warhol: "I wonder if people are going to remember us?"
Edie Sedgwick: "What, when we're dead?"
Andy Warhol: "Yeah."
Edie Sedgwick: "Well I think people will talk about how you changed the world."
Andy Warhol: "I wonder what they'll say about you... in your obituary. I like that word."
Edie Sedgwick: "Nothing nice, I don't think."
Andy Warhol: "No no, come on. They'd say, "Edith Minturn Sedgwick: beautiful artist and actress..."
Edie Sedgwick: "...and all around loon."
Andy Warhol: "...Remembered for setting the world on fire..."
Edie Sedgwick: "...and escaping the clutches of her terrifying family..."
Andy Warhol: "...Made friends with eeeeverybody, and anybody..."
Edie Sedgwick: "...creating chaos and uproar wherever she went. Divorced as many times as she married, she leaves only good wishes behind."
Edie Sedgwick: "That's nice, isn't it?"
- Nancy: "I'll never look like Barbie. Barbie doesn't have bruises."
- Nancy: "I hate my fuckin' life."
Sid: "This is just a rough patch. Things'll be much better when we get to America, I promise."
Nancy: "We're in America. We've been here a week. New York is in America, you fuck."
- Nancy: [Pointing] "No! Look, that's the roller ramma. Sid, I won a roller skating trophy there when I was six years old."
Granma: "Nancy, don't fib."
Nancy: "Fuck you, Grandma."
A very honest and no-nonsense movie, oh and with a cameo by David Bowie, who also handled the soundtrack.
Its good to watch a movie every now and then that will make you think and possibly appreciate your life so much more. Even if that only lasts a minute or so.
Photo Source - Google
PS: Only the Christiane F. photos are the ones from the movie.