Monday, April 15, 2013

I know I don't move very fast but I'm heading for the stars



There isn't an excuse in the book valid enough to explain why I've been such a terrible blogger. You guys sure you don't want me to just exit? I've only had enough energy left for Instagram.. Life just gets in the way sometimes.

The last few weeks have been like a roller coaster ride - the good kind. Still evidently single (for soon, a year) I'm taking advantage of my much needed alone time to get to know myself more. I realized how lost I had been in the past two and a half years, after my huge breakup drama, something that failed to register for the longest time, and it's such a relief to be able to breathe out after all this time and energy spent on all things negative.

These days, I find myself wanting to understand the simple things more. I am more aware of the true meaning of friendship, and investing more love in those who I just know will be around for longer than a weekend or two, and just that in itself has brought me so much happiness. Maybe it's turning yet another year older, but I can't help but continuously be grateful for how far I've come. I've turned into the dream machine that I had forgotten to be and borderline naive or not, I've decided to delay my return to reality.. Indefinitely.

These photos were taken by the most brilliant Jenna Genio for YStyle on Philippine Star. It is so rare for me to invite people into my home, my sanctuary and safe place, so here you go. I bought my vanity at a thrift shop, on a little adventure shopping spree with my most fave renegade stylist Carla Villanueva, and turned it into an almost shrine-like little spot by the window. Clearly I'm a big fan of skulls, flowers and crucifixes. I've also realized that my humble shoe collection needs a much awaited update.. And since I'm no longer moving around like a maniac, can that be my new excuse to go on a shoe-shopping frenzy?

Wearing a customized thrifted black leather skirt, Hanes bra, leather Converse kicks and a metal plated snapback from Bangkok

Thanks Sharon Soledad from Shu Uemura for my makeup!





3 comments:

ms said...

you look incredibly stunning! i was so blown away! laid back yet sophisticated.

inkarlcerating said...

yer the lana del rey of the blogger belles! hehe i love u..the photos arent about the outfit but the mood and emotions. i love u tlaga

Nadz said...

you're like a morena andi eigenmann.