Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wedding belles and blues

shorts & tank - cotton on, plaid shirt - thrifted, shoes - korean shop, bag - vintage, sunnies - F21






I took my boyf to get a haircut at the fabulous Henry Calayag Salon in Greenbelt, did some window shopping at the new GB5, and then we headed to the hotel to get made up and dressed. We were bridesmaids and our boyfriends groomsmen, half the entourage consisted of our little Boracay family, and the grooms guests were a colorful who's who of island royalty. The bride was blooming and the groom dashing, and I couldn't help but get a little sentimental during the ceremony.

At the reception, I did my best to not catch the bouquet, drank loads of champagne and went home with cake. Three of my most talented friends jumped on stage for a spontaneous performance that rocked the house. I was blown away by the radness of it all.


PS: Paula says the makeup artist made me look like JLo in her "Matrona" and Ben Affleck days. I'm still trying to figure out if that was supposed to be a compliment.. or not.

14 comments:

Liv Bambola said...

Hope you had a great day. You looked absolutely gorgeous (so I'd take the JLo thing as a compliment)

That church looks stunning, such a beautiful spot to be married :) x

Unknown said...

that is the perfect blue.

oh girl, you are so pretty. gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Great blue dress... looks like a great party :).

Anonymous said...

oh u look stunning dear! btw is that allen umali on bass? :)

Dane said...

Chica - Yes it is. =)

DaisyChain said...

You look so beautiful in blue <3

*~The World is My Catwalk~* said...

Hey Dane!!!

I love weddings!!

I don't think you look like a matrona -- You look so pretty!! Maybe she meant it in a nice way.. J-LO looked gorgeous back then! I guess it probably is because the frosted lipstick suits you so well.. like it does to her.

Shes Dressing Up said...

Oh I love weddings. Your dresses are such a gorgeous colour!

ess elsie. said...

LOVELY.
Ahh I want to go to a wedding now.
What does the tattoo on the back of your neck mean? It's beautiful!

Dane said...

Elsie - Its my nickname, Dane, in some lord of the rings-y script. I need to have to re-touch, its faded so much over the years!

Allie said...

I agree, the JLo thing is a compliment :)

So I was showing the bf your blog, and he's not convinced that you're full Filipino. I mean, I guess it takes one to know one; but I don't think my bf is the last say on his own ethnicity.

May Kasahara said...

so awesome. I can't wait until my friends start getting married - so I can go to all the Hawai'i weddings.

You look gorgeous :)

Abby said...

oh you gorgeous bridesmaid you.

marriage! how sweet.

ess elsie. said...

It's beautiful! I see "Dane" now. Lovely!

I think I'm going to start signing off with the word verification thingy for the comments.

'prickle',
ess.