Sunday, May 3, 2009

Rain rain go away..

dress - renegadelovers (made by me), fedora - hurley



The weather has been a horrible mix of rain and winds.. isnt it supposed to be summer?

We hung out at Ariel's house for the music by Curv, and lots and lots of beer and tequila. Cuervo served their margaritas in little colorful water bottles.. yummy frozen margaritas.. mmm.

So this morning I found out the boyfriend might be going to Egypt by the end of the month.. for 2-3 months. Now I'm a mess, trying to figure out what I am going to do until school starts in July.
My options are
1. move back to the Manila, apprentice, work and look for a manufacturer.
2. move to Cebu, apprentice, work, party and be with family.
3. stay on the island, sketch, sew, make dresses and start selling on my Etsy.

I am leaning more towards staying on the island, just because I like not being influenced by others, and just letting my creativity run wild. Being in the city just does not inspire me to do anything but sleep.. oh and drink.

What do you think? Is it time for me to make you all some dresses?

Dane

14 comments:

Sara said...

Come to Egypt with him!

DaisyChain said...

I LOVE the dress your wearing so much.

Unknown said...

dane, make me a dress and i remember those bags of yours. hihi.

have a great day!
btw earlier today it's sunny here in Bataan, but it's raining again now. why oh why?

Tonya said...

I think you should stay on the the island. I'd love to spend time on my own, doing things without anything getting in the way. Time alone should inspire you a lot ;)

You mentioned about looking for a manufacturer. You mean you're going on a big scale production?

I like reading your blog, btw :)

The Beachbaby said...

definitely #3. it's high time for my maxi dress! :)

Ms Constantine said...

Dresses? Dresses!? I WANT BAGS!!

I've still got them on my mind.

Allie said...

I wanna say stay on the island because I'm selfish and want your dresses, maxi skirts, and um...those bags!

But I think there's so much you may possibly be inspired by if you take on an apprenticeship. Think of all the people you'd meet!

Liv Bambola said...

I think you should see how you go staying on the island. At this stage you want to encourage your creativy & create your own work ethic/style. Once you've got that, & you're secure in what you know & what you want to do, then I'd look at the apprenticeship stuff... It's only 6 months...

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Also - the dress is awesome & the brand "Renegade Lovers" is brilliant.

When you start your Etsy shop, I'd love to do a interview piece with you for my blog. :)

Bambola x

phamzy said...

dane, i guess it would be a brilliant idea to flood us with your dresses in etsy! you are very skilled in sewing and loaded with ideas!


http://ckuf-info.blogspot.com/

Baybay Mama said...

Go to Egypt. I love your dress!!

Unknown said...

dane,


you know what i would say. COME. BACK. TO. CEBU. AND. LETS. FRIGGING. PARTAYYYYYY!!!

ari na ba.:) hehe.


much love

eden

Ella Gregory said...

Love the dress and the hat.

Merve said...

you've been tagged, dear :D

--> http://suchabeautifuldisaster-mrv.blogspot.com/2009/05/mist-getagged-d.html

koo said...

come back to manila dane!! i miss you!! or better yet send me tix to the island.i'l keep you company til the bf returns haha