- The bag is one of my faves, I think I purchased it at the department store for very little dinero.
- Studs are actually bag feet.
- They are even golder in person.
- Totally practical for not getting the bottom of your bag dirty.
Exhibit B: (still needs a name) small clutch, evening bag.
- I designed this.
- I patterned and sewed it too.
- Made of leatherette, silver magnetic enclosures.
- It is made from a flat pattern, and fully lined.
- Inspired by tuxedos.
- Sprained my right thumb while sewing it.
- Most complicated one to make/sew so far.. smaller bags usually are, but I succeeded in making all my stitches straight.. yay for me.
- Was called an "Addict" for it. Having OCD pays off.
I wanted to make something I hadn't seen in a store before.
- Originally meant to be a bag for my 14 year old baby sister.
- I kept going with it, but as soon as the quilting was added I decided it was gonna be for a more mature bag owner.
- Made of blue leatherette, lined with fabric traded from Camille Liwanag, hehe.
- Has two rows of gold bag feet on the gusset, can stand.
- Resembles a Chanel with teeth.
- Named Ann Marie for the main character in the movie Blue Crush.
- Fits a surprising amount of things.. rivals my favorite totes in practicality.
- Almost lost a finger while sewing it.
And to answer some questions:
- what tools do you use for the studding? - I use regular studs or bag feet depending on what I am making. I get them from a private supplier but I'm sure you could order them off the Internet or check local crafts stores for them.
- is it possible that you could sell your stuff online? - I just wrapped up my 1st term, and am bound for the island in a few days, vacation time. I will be experimenting on maxi and baby doll dresses and slouchy pants during my summer vacation, then in May I will be back in school and will start accepting orders for my bags and dresses.
- and your hair is growing so fast, is that natural curls? - My hair in naturally curly but I have had it straightened for almost 2 years now.. I am growing it out, so on good days my curls start to show.
- do you speak German? - Yes I do! I get shy about it.. but I still speak it with a perfect accent thank god.
- are you from Germany actually? I grew up there, and in Spain. I'm not German by blood but I feel more German than Spanish actually.
All those who want to exchange links, please let me know in this post, I will try to update my blogroll in the next few days.
Right now I am in La Union, learning how to surf. Yesterday we went out and I got up on my first try.. it was pretty fun. I'm quite comfortable in the waves since we already have a surfboard, but for kiting, so surfing is just another version of what we already do. Fun fun.
Later, Alligators! ♥
PS: I you have more questions, feel free to ask away =)